Find out your career personality
Answer the following questions and find out which jobs best suit you.
You’re an Innovator
- Innovators are best suited to jobs that are technical, scientific or have practical outcomes.
- You are thoughtful, logical and analytical by nature, applying common sense to come up with practical solutions to problems.
- You prefer to make decisions based on data, and are interested in understanding how things work and why things are.
- You may be suited to jobs in areas such as technology, design, engineering, computing, science and research.
You’re a Creative
- Creatives are best suited to jobs focused on big ideas and producing new things.
- You are drawn to the process of making and like to see the outcome of your work once it’s completed.
- You value out-of-the-box thinking and people who do things their own unique way.
- You prefer to get lost in your work in isolation, make decisions based on your gut and are drawn to self-expression.
- You may be suited to jobs in areas such as design, the creative arts, communications, advertising, marketing and media.
You’re a Coach
- Coaches are best suited to jobs focused on exercise, nutrition and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- You are energetic, practical and community-minded.
- You dislike staying still for long, enjoying time outdoors and working with other people.
- You are motivated by a desire to help others improve their health and lives, and you practice what you preach.
- You may be suited to jobs in areas such as health sciences, sport and human movement, education and training.
You’re a Carer
- Carers are best suited to jobs that are focused on the needs of others.
- You’re a natural people person who is interested in those around you, making you a good listener, a patient advisor and trusted confidant.
- You’re motivated by your own personal values to support others and by a strong sense of community service.
- You may be suited to jobs in areas such as health services, education and coaching, and legal services.
You’re a Greenie
- Greenies are best suited to jobs that are focused on the environment and conservation.
- You value the preservation of the world around you and care for nature.
- You are a systematic problem-solver, and prefer to investigate facts and data to come up with solutions to issues.
- You’re a careful researcher who is most interested in understanding how things work and why things are.
- You may be suited to jobs in areas such as conservation, research, environmental science and natural resource management.
How would your ideal day be spent?
Exploring a forest or stretch of coastline
Volunteering to help out a friend
Going for a long bike ride or run
Playing video games or surfing the web
Writing, drawing or listening to music
What word best describes you?
At a party you are most likely to be
Fixing the connection to the sound system
Adjusting the decorations and lighting
Making sure the plants don’t get trampled
Carving it up on the dancefloor
Checking everyone has been introduced
What are your friends most likely to ask you?
Can I get your advice?
Can you help me with my computer?
What time are you going to the gym?
Do you want to go to a gig this weekend?
Where’s a good camping spot?
Your kitchen contains
Home grown herbs and veggies
Red Bull and chips
Food for visitors
What do you find most satisfying?
Finding out how things work
Doing physical exercise
Making new things
Time spent out in nature
Helping other people
You are someone who
Thinks in unusual ways
Cares for the world around you
Solves problems and puzzles
Motivates others to improve
Protects the people around you